Thursday, August 21, 2008

depressives are the strong ones

i was thinking earier today and this was brought on by a statement my wife made a few days ago. the background is that she is giving up smoking but extra to that stress she is a very hard worker but deals with stress in a very defeatist manner.
so the other day she says to me that i need to be strong as we cant afford to have 2 depressed people in the house (me being the normal depressive). the conversation developed that even though im the depressive she spends more time saying depressive things and saying she cant cope etc.
this got me thinking today like i said, "we are the strong ones" i may not seem like it but it is true.
i spend a large part of my day struggling with my own mind and the thoughs extra to what im supposed to be doing. what do i do? i carry on, forge ahead. i have bad days like most where im of no use to anyone but i carry on, we all do.
the so called non depressives are the ones that make flippant statements about " oh... i could top myself"....etc but it is us that have the genuine feelings of guilt, fear, self loathing and all the rest but most of us just carry on, we fight.

WE ARE THE FIGHTERS, THE STRONG ONES, DONT GIVE UP.

1 Comments:

Blogger Nicky said...

too right cuz.

August 21, 2008 at 7:39 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home