Monday, February 6, 2012

Why do we look back?

Why do we look back? I spent too many years both running and trying to get away from my past, but yet on Friday I reverted to the "good old days" as I was going to see some old friends where I was from. Yes we have more good memories of a place than bad in general, but why do we forget the bad so easily in those situations. I'm not saying for us to cling to the bad in any stretch of anyone's imagination. All I am thinking is that it seems so much harder to look forward to a good future than to remember the good parts of a bad past.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I find it very hard to remember the 'good old days' from when I was younger, but have no problem with it in the past twenty years. There are total blanks in my childhood when I cannot remember a thing. Very strange how the mind works.

February 7, 2012 at 1:44 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home