Thursday, August 30, 2007

Thursday August 30th 2007

Well, this morning i woke up with slight nervous chattering of my teeth, this proceeded to be more noticeable nervous shakes. I had to use my old fashioned fix of going back to sleep. When i finally got up i was just a little apprehensive about the day to come but capable to get on with it. Ive spent all day in the office with just one trip out to do the post, i used my new technique of not looking at everyone but concentrating on odd people and giving then a visual once over does help. I know it isn't a long term tool but at least for now i take my attentions away from all people and i can let my alertness drop.
Its now late afternoon, I'm quite tired now. I have tried to put alot in today and not let my attention drift. It has worked as this morning I have achieved everything i planned, the afternoon was a little bit slower but the work also depends on other peoples inputs.
This evening I will go out for a bike ride, it seems to be not just good exercise but it is also helping me relax and with cycling itself i have to rely on other road users to part control the situation.

I'm now going to post what i will term as my homeworks. These are exercises set by my therapist.
1. A/B/C - Regarding my after session fears.

A - After Session fears and nervousness that lasts for days.

B - Talk about sensitive / private things.
Think about sensitive / private things.
Discuss fears
Discuss matters that i find hard to talk about.

C - Nervous, scared, sensitive, bad moods, intolerant, need to run away.

2. List nervous actions.

Head scratching / rubbing
Eye brow pulling
Fingernail picking
Constant alertness (watching / listening etc....)
Pile making (only on my things / or things that i have interacted with - non obsessive)
Constant knowledge gathering
Chin rubbing / pulling
Avoiding writing homeworks
Episodes
lists to achieve things
Object location

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home